The formatted mouseline?

Mark Swindell mswindel at santacruz.k12.ca.us
Thu Jan 12 11:15:57 EST 2006

I'm looking for the location of the formatted line, or its coordinates
relative the field, so that I can place a graphic (an underline or
somesuch) under the text of that formatted line.  This has to be
derived from the mouse position relative to the formatted line position
as this graphic will move based on where the mouse is.

Imagine a younger child reading a book with a strip of guide paper
which she slides down the page to help with focus.  That's the idea.

The mouseline would give the information needed, except that the text
wraps, thus the need for the formatted mouse line.  Tracking the
mouseloc would work, except the user has to be able to click on
hypertext in the lines and move the mouse horizontally without it
graphic underline following it and wiggling around.  Does this make
sense?

The field becomes scrolling only when its formatted contents exceed its
height, which is rarely.

Thanks for your interest,
Mark