Accessing AddressBook.data: javascript?

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Thu Jan 12 06:17:35 EST 2006

Hi Paul,

> This is a good method, Scott, I knew it before, but the problem is
> that I
> cannot prepare a stack for other users that cannot works without
> another
> external app. My stack should be sufficient to read the
> addressbook.data
> database by itself (like those funny widgets - easy envelope or
> address book
> do...)

Here is where AddressBook saves its data:

/Library/Application Support/AddressBook/

In Transcript:
-> (specialfolderpath("asup") & /AddressBook/")

But looks like this is in binary format?
(Binary stuff is still a mistery to me :-)

I have no idea how to extract the entries from whatever file in this
folder,
but i am sure this is possible somehow...

> Ciao
>
> Paul Claude
> --
> Greetings from Rome