externalsCommands

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 21:07:58 EST 2006

Hi All,

I have an app and I set the main stack to use the revSpeech bundle as follows:
    set the externals of stack "efMain" to tAppFolder &
"/externals/revspeech.bundle"

This works fine (tAppFolder is correct) and a test speech actually
works. However I had a check later on to confirm that the speech
library had actually loaded OK, that uses this script:
  if the externalCommands of stack "efMain" contains "revSpeak" then return true
  else return false

This always returns false. When I specifically check:
    the externalCommands of stack "efMain"
it returns empty, as do the externalFunctions and the externalPackages
in both the IDE and my standalone.

  the externals of stack "efMain" gives me the revSpeech.bundle as set above.

Am I doing something wrong? How can I test what external commands are
available or is this broken in 2.6.1?

TIA,
Sarah