80 bit extended number

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Wed Jan 11 09:08:40 EST 2006

I need to extract a binary floating point number from a binary file.
It's an 'extended' 80 bit (10 byte) floating point number (I think
this is an apple thing). The binaryDecode function doesn't seem to
support this, so can anyone here suggest a way of doing it?

The binaryDecode function can get the 80 bits and give me them as 1s
and 0s in a rev string, or it can give me the 10 bytes as hex
numbers, or various other things. Maybe that can help?

Mark