Set the icon to (icon of another stack)--YES!

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Mon Jan 9 11:56:20 EST 2006

Paul,

>Can your design allow you to separate the images in "X2" from the
>resources that must be opened?

I understand now that stacks X2 & X3 were created by other people.  I
also understand that, for whatever reason, X2 must be remain open
when X3 is opened.

This leaves me mystified as to what you want to achieve (not that
it's any of my business; but it's hard to propose a solution when one
doesn't understand the problem).

* Are you trying to compare the two stacks?

* Do you have some other reason for needing them both open at the same time?

* If they were authored by the same person and meant to work in
tandem, you should notify the author of the conflict.

* If they were authored by different people but still meant to work
with others' stacks open, you should notify both authors of the conflict.

The odds of icon conflict are greatest, I suggest, when authors
import images and leave the ids as assigned by Rev.  At the very
least, increasing the id values for images by some six-digit amount
reduces the odds of icon conflict.  If the author(s) of X2 and X3
expect their stacks to be run along with others' stacks, they should
reserve a set of unique icon ids on Ken Ray's website.

Rob Cozens, CCW
Serendipity Software Company

Vive R Revolution!