message hierarchy question

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Thu Jan 5 15:07:49 EST 2006

Dick-

> I suppose you meant "insert" rather than "put."

urk. yes.

> Are you implementing polymorphism for functions and commands?

Sheesh! Was I that obvious about it? I was trying not to be...

> Then when some event requires a change to a different substack, you can set
> the uSubstack of stack "A" and not need to remove and insert scripts.  Would
> that work for you?

No, unfortunately I don't think it would. I need to be able to load
scripts from disk files place them into the message hierarchy in such
a way that they are sort of peers with the substack scripts. What I'm
looking at for this case is not just polymorphism, but being able to
overload functions whose default instance is in my mainstack and whose
overloaded instance is in a separate (not sub-) stack. It's working
well enough now that I should be able to demonstrate it for you next
week at the show.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net