Set the icon to (icon of another stack)

Paul Claude paulclaude at postino.it
Wed Jan 4 07:44:28 EST 2006

> Eric Chatonet
> Images are the only objects the IDs of which can be changed:
> Just change the IDs of some images to avoid any conflict :-)
> And keep on hand the IDs list :-)
>
> In order to be meticulous, you can store all images in a stack or a
> substack, or put them onto a specific card dedicated to them.

Right, Eric, it's a Columbus egg, but you must consider that I cannot change
those Ids and that stack X2 and X3 are not mine and they are changing often.
So I need another solution.

> Rob Cozens CCW
> Try:
>
>          start using stack "x3"
>          lock screen
>          repeat with x = 1 to the number of buttons
>                  set the icon of button x to (the icon of button x)
>          end repeat
>          unlock screen
>
> or going to another card in stack "x1".

Well Rob, I really doesn't understand what you means. It's not a problem of
sceen redrawing, the problem is that, as explained in my example, I cannot
load (with the expression 'set the icon of btn x to...') the image in stack
X3 if an image with the same ID is in stack X2, and I don't know how solve
this problem.

Greetings

Paul Claude

P.S. Is there anybody that can tell me how to append my messages to this
list to an existing thread, without beginning each time a new thread (I use
entourage X)?