[OT] .ds_store Messing Up ZIP

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Tue Jan 3 19:27:55 EST 2006

On Jan 3, 2006, at 4:14 PM, Scott Rossi wrote:

> Is there any Mac utility out there that allows one to poke around
> inside a
> ZIP archive to delete these extraneous .ds_store files?

The terminal can help you here.  Open terminal and change to the
directory you want to delete all .ds_store files from (including
subdirectories).  One way to do this is to type "cd " and then drag
the folder from the finder.  Type "return" and that will change the
active directory of the terminal.

Type this:

find ./ -name ".DS_Store" -exec rm -f {} \;

This should get rid of all the files.  I use it all of the time.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com