openStack Initialization Issues

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Feb 27 02:58:35 EST 2006

Paul Claude wrote:
>>    on preOpenStack
>>      if the short name of this stack = the short name of me then
>>        -- do initialization
>>      end if
>>    end preOpenStack
>
> Maybe this is the better way, because you can control the message even if
> your main stack has more than one card.

If your mainstack has more than one card, yes, that's a good option.

But in the last seven years I haven't written an app in which the
mainStack has more than one card; I tend to factor out data from the UI,
and even factor out the UI from the mainStack used for the application.

But the beauty of Transcript is that it provides many ways to solve a
given problem, allowing you to pick the one whose nuance best fits the
specifics of the problem at hand.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal