Rép : So long and thanks for all the stacks...

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Feb 25 14:33:08 EST 2006

Pierre Sahores wrote:

> It's a desolation... I can't understand what happen RunRev Team. Are
> you sure you wanted to drive us, the historical Xtalk's developpers  and
> fellows, in a so critical way ?

They don't want to do that. The problem here is that no one has the
whole story. RR has been discrete. Xavier has presented his side to a
few individiuals in private mail, but it is not the whole story. This
topic should never have come up on the lists, and now that it has,
people think they know what is happening but they do not.

Non-Americans (and maybe some Americans as well) may not know about the
hot coffee lawsuit against MacDonald's a few years ago. A woman was
badly burned when she spilled a cup of coffee and she sued MacDonald's.
She won the lawsuit. It became the brunt of many jokes; everyone felt it
was a trivial lawsuit that showed how litigation-happy Americans are,
and how they will sue for damages at the smallest provocation. Everyone
agreed that if you spill hot coffee on yourself, it is not the fault of
the company who sold you the coffee. The woman was a laughing stock.

However, when the details of the trial were released, opinion changed.
Those who had read the transcripts no longer thought the woman's lawsuit
was frivolous. They now understood that MacDonald's had ignored warnings
for years and now had to account for themselves.

Do not judge Runtime by the second-hand information that has been
disclosed to these lists. Without all the details, there is no judgement
that can be made. It is natural to want to defend those we perceive as
the victims, but there are always two sides to any story.

Let's end this thread. It serves no useful purpose.

(Details of the McDonald's lawsuit: <http://lawandhelp.com/q298-2.htm>)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com