On the Democratic Operation of Bugzilla

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sat Feb 25 12:42:20 EST 2006

Dan, et al:

>> Voting says "This is my relative (among outstanding bugs) priority for
>> fixing the bug."

Consider voting as contributing to a proposed budget for RRLtd's R&D +
Support:

RRLtd gives you the opportunity to distribute $100 [ie 100 votes] among
all the outstanding bug reports and enhancement requests, with the
proviso that you could not allocate more than $5 [votes] to any single
item.  RRLtd then distributes all the unallocated $ [votes] however it
sees fit.

Like government, the larger the proportion of those voting, the greater
the influence of the vote on the vote takers.

Like government, your criticism carries less validity if you don't vote.

So vote early and often!

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company