On the Democratic Operation of Bugzilla

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Thu Feb 23 17:30:22 EST 2006

> While I am absolutely certain that RR doesn't rely solely or
> even primarily on Bugzilla to set its bug-fixing agenda, I am
> equally sure they do take it into account. And that's a shame
> because the reality is that the number of people who use Rev
> regularly who: (a) are aware of Bugzilla and its purpose; (b)
> have purused the bug list in an effort to ferret out those
> that are most important to them and apply votes to them; and
> (c) monitor it on an ongoing basis so they know which bugs
> are being fixed and therefore where they can reapply their
> votes is minuscule. I don't do that. I'm not sure how many others do.

Hi Dan,

Its interesting, I was just discussing this with someone else.

I think most lists like this are democratic in the "tyrrany of the majority"
sort of way. Its important for Runrev to clear through these, but Bugzilla
among many methods used by many companies isnt entirely democratic because
the system is geared towards native English speakers who are proactively
involved in English. In Paradigma Software, native English speakers are in
the minority (as a few people have noticed ;-)), so I run up against this
quite often (and that we have a lot of business in various European
countries and Japan). Some language based bugs can also be, to varying
degrees, almost 100% fatal to sales.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President
Paradigma Software, Inc

Joining Worlds of Information

Deploy True Client-Server Database Solutions
Royalty Free with Valentina Developer Network
http://www.paradigmasoft.com