Blend Level in Fields

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Wed Feb 22 05:38:44 EST 2006

On 22 Feb 2006, at 03:07, Scott Rossi wrote:

> Recently, Sivakatirswami wrote:
>
>> Is there some trick for setting transparency in fields   ("blend")
>> such that the foreground color (the textcolor) is not affected by the
>> blend level? I tried all the ink options... nothing works.
>
> I don't think it's possible yet to set the opacity of the field's
> background
> separately from its content.  Regardless, it doesn't seem that big
> a deal to
> set the field's opaque to false and place a translucent image (or
> graphic
> under 2.7) behind.

I'm a novice in this area, so forgive me if my ignorance shows.

If the text is black, I've found setting the ink to blendMultiply,
then adjusting the backcolor as appropriate can give a similar effect.

Also, on OS X, setting the ink to blend doesn't seem to affect the
text color, only the backgroung color. But it affects both on Win XP.

Cheers
Dave