help the newb-rube

Phil Davis davis.phil at comcast.net
Tue Feb 21 19:05:33 EST 2006

Hi Ben,

Here's one way that works:

1) Make sure all the buttons have their autoHilite set to false. If this
isn't the case, the following won't work.

2) Put this in your stack script or the script of each card (but watch
for line wraps here):

on mouseDown
   -- avoid acting on messages from other than the answer groups
   if word 1 of the target <> "button" then pass mouseDown
   if word 1 of the owner of the target <> "group" then pass mouseDown

   -- set the answer button of a group
   set the hilitedButtonID of the owner of the target \
       to the ID of the target
end mouseDown

3) To reset all groups at 'openCard' time, do this:

on openCard
   put the groupIDs of this cd into tGroupList
   repeat for each line tThisGroup in tGroupList
     set the hilitedButtonName of grp ID tThisGroup to empty
   end repeat
end openCard

Then it should all work!

Phil Davis