Import an (basic) excel file ?

rev at armbase.com rev at armbase.com
Tue Feb 21 08:35:43 EST 2006

Quoting Martin Baxter <mb.ur at harbourhost.co.uk>:

> Ludovic THEBAULT wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> It is possible to import an excel file (basic, just a table without
>> any functions, colors, borders...) in rev ?
>> Someone wrote a stack for this ?
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> I suspect the native file format would be hard work, and I've no idea
> if anyone has done that.
> I would save the file from Excel as tabbed text (that is .tsv tab
> separated values). This gives a simple text file with fields
> delimited by tab and lines by the platform's normal line ending. This
> should be easy to open and parse in RR. Or you could put it straight
> into a field with tabstops set.

Hi Al.

the New office format is XML. Probably not real xml but "microsoft indistry
satndard" XML. IE we change it rather than work with it. :-(

Here is the link to the MS dev introduction.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/c/2/9/c2935f83-1a10-4e4a-a137-c1db829637f5/Office12FileFormatDevPreviewWP.doc