Import an (basic) excel file ?

Martin Baxter mb.ur at harbourhost.co.uk
Tue Feb 21 05:47:20 EST 2006

Ludovic THEBAULT wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It is possible to import an excel file (basic, just a table without  any
> functions, colors, borders...) in rev ?
> Someone wrote a stack for this ?
>
> Thanks.

I suspect the native file format would be hard work, and I've no idea if
anyone has done that.
I would save the file from Excel as tabbed text (that is .tsv tab
separated values). This gives a simple text file with fields delimited
by tab and lines by the platform's normal line ending. This should be
easy to open and parse in RR. Or you could put it straight into a field
with tabstops set.

HTH

Martin