SMTP Proxy in Rev?

Dan Shafer revolutionary.dan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 19:05:44 EST 2006

I have a colleague who wants to build what amounts to an SMTP proxy
that sits between a standard email client, listens on the proper port
for output, pre-processes email, and then sends it out to a
pre-defined SMTP server. Minimal UI.

It's not clear if this project is feasible, and if so whether it's
easy, medium or hard to see how to do.

Any thoughts? (Right now, he's been using Java to build this and the
project is hopelessly off schedule and over budget. I've been bragging
about Rev. He wants me to put my money where my mouth is.)