Palette mystery

Graham Samuel livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Feb 18 13:33:15 EST 2006

I've got three stacks, let's say stack 'A' whose style is topLevel,
and stacks 'B' and 'C' whose style is palette. The global property
raisepalettes is true, but despite this, if I click on 'A', it moves
in front of 'B' and 'C'. I tried setting 'A' to modeless, which would
work with my app (the user only interacts with this stack indirectly,
via palettes) but the problem remains the same. I think I had this
problem on RR2.6.1 and I certainly have it on 2.7.0. Oddly though,
when I try to reduce the whole thing to a simple recipe with just two
stacks and no scripts, it doesn't occur.

This is happening on a Mac, OSX 10.4.4 - I'm not yet sure if it
happens on the PC.

Has anyone any idea why this could be happening? As it is, I'm
seeking a workaround where I push 'B' and/or 'C' to the front
provided it's open and visible, whenever someone clicks on 'A'.

TIA

Graham