drag 'n' drop reordering

André.Bisseret Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr
Sat Feb 18 08:22:01 EST 2006

Bonjour Éric,
Excellent :-)) I haven't noticed yet this grab command ! I just tried
it ; very simple ; with mouseMove as well as with mouseDown.
I kept  "if shiftKey is down" . And, in order to avoid the actions
launched by mouseUp, I put "if the shiftKey is down then exit mouseUp",
in the mouseUp handler.

Best regards from Grenoble
André

Le Saturday, 18 Feb 2006, à 13:44 Europe/Paris, Eric Chatonet a écrit :

> Bonjour André,
>
> Mousewithin (like the old idle HC message) is a message sent
> automatically by the engine every 200 milliseconds.
> You might prefer to use messages less *intrusive* like mouseMove that
> is sent repeatedly only if the mouse is moved.
> As for moving objects, have a look at the grab command that makes the
> job efficiently :-)
>
> Le 18 févr. 06 à 11:39, André.Bisseret a écrit :
>
>> Drawn from an HyperCard stack I developed a long time ago (but that I
>> am still using).
>> You could try this :
>> ---------------------------------
>> on mouseWithin
>>   moveOption
>>   pass mouseWithin
>> end mouseWithin
>>
>> on MoveOption
>>   if  "card button" is not in the target then exit MoveOption -- In
>> HC I had card and bg btns
>>   if the shiftKey is down and the optionKey is down then -- I don't
>> remember why I used two keys :-)
>>       repeat until the shiftKey is up or the optionKey is up --
>>      set loc of the target to the mouseLoc --
>>       end repeat
>>    end if
>> end moveOption
>
> Best Regards from Paris,
> Eric Chatonet

André Bisseret
Directeur de recherche émérite
Adresse : 140 rue E. Béthoux - 38220 Vizille
Tél. : 04 76 68 15 24
Courriel : Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr
            et : bisseret at andre-bisseret.com
site Multifiches