Followup on disabled files in 2.7

simplsol at aol.com simplsol at aol.com
Fri Feb 17 18:09:04 EST 2006

Yesterday I noted that opening some 2.6.1 stacks in 2.7 made it
impossible for 2.7 to recognize them again after they were closed. They
appeared grayed out from the Open menu. The only way that 2.7 would
open them was through the Recent Files menu. This is a problem with a
standalone - that doesn't have a recent files menu.
 Richard wisely suggested remaking a new standalone in 2.7 because that
should correspond with the new file format. I have done so. (By the way
the standalone builder has improved significantly over the years -
seems to still have a bug applying the selected icon to the new app -
and wants to cut off 22 pixels on OS X - but is certainly usable.)
 The new standalone had the same problem. The new app will not open any
stack previously opened by 2.7
I dusted off ResEdit and discovered the following:
The original 2.6.1 Type and Creator are
RSTK and Revo
After opening a stack in 2.7 the Type and Creator are converted to
STK and MacO

 Is anyone having (or not having) a problem opening stacks saved in 2.7
- without using the Recent Files menu?
 Has anyone made a new standalone in 2.7 - and been able to open stacks
saved in 2.7?
(OS X 10.4.4, Al PB 1.67, 1 gig., Rev 2.7)
 Paul Looney