Screen DPI

simplsol at aol.com simplsol at aol.com
Tue Feb 14 19:04:40 EST 2006

Peter,
Long ago all Macs used 72 DPI for screen resolution. Today it is more
like 90 DPI but can be more or less. Flat panels may be over 120 DPI.
And resolutions are bound to go higher as everyone tries to accommodate
pictures and movies.
More madness: most 17" screens and most 19" screens have the same
resolution - so the DPI varies significantly depending on the screen
where it is viewed.
I would just design the at print resolution, 72 DPI (3" x 5" = 216 x
360).
Paul Looney