Getting Started with a Database

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Feb 13 08:52:29 EST 2006

Hi,

Yes, I am running on Mac for the moment, the app will eventually be
deployed on Mac and Windows.

Haven't had much luck in getting this to work. I downloaded and
installed MySQL. I then downloaded libDatabase and sample stack
called libdb_recipes. When I run up the "recipes.rev" stack, I get an
error:

"libdberr: unable to connect to database (Unknown database 'recipes')".

I can't seem to find any documentation of what is supposed to happen
or if I am supposed to change anything. I looked in the
registerDatabase handler in the stack script and this seems to be
setup ok for MySQL.

Right now I'm not sure if I have the right MySQL package installed, I
got my copy from:

http://dev.mysql.com/get/Downloads/MySQL-4.0/mysql-standard-4.0.26-
apple-darwin7.9.0-powerpc.dmg/from/pick

and it seemed to install just fine.

I have the following files in a folder and am running from this folder:

libDatabase.rev
recipes.rev
recipes.sql

I have stepped thru recipes.rev and it loads and calls
libDatabase.rev ok. Do I need to change anything to get this to work?

Thanks a lot
All the Best
Dave