Re: How to stay on a card when repeating a « find »

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Feb 9 15:12:00 EST 2006

André.Bisseret wrote:
> when it needs
> to hilite words found on a card, it chooses randomly between two
> handlers that I named "Jim", and "JacqÉric" :-)o))
> And, of course, for each one, it is totalizing the number of times it
> was used and the time it took (In 4 fields of a substack).

 From a previous message:

>>> Jacqueline, I like your tricky "dontsearch" solution. I tried it ;
>>> currently I have 320 cards and it works well and is very fast.
>>> I am hesitating to use it because, at the end, after resetting the
>>> dontsearch of all cds to false, I must reset the dontsearch of
>>> certain cards to true ; well, anyway, the whole thing is running
>>> very  fast !

There is another way to do this, if you will always have the same cards
searchable. Assume you always want to search three cards named "card1",
"card2", and "card3". You also want to search the current card, whatever
it may be.

The first thing to do, during development, is run my original script
that sets all cards to "dontsearch". You only need to do that once.

Then add scripts like this to your stack script:

on preOpenCard
  set the dontsearch of this cd to false
end preOpencard

on closeCard
  if the short name of this cd is not among the items of \
    "card1,card2,card3"
  then set the dontsearch of this cd to true
end closeCard

This will automatically adjust the dontsearch of every card when it
opens and closes. The cards which are in your exceptions list will not
be changed; they will remain searchable.

These scripts will be very fast and are not affected by how many cards
are in the stack.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com