Font size when crossing platforms

David Mendriski djdrisk at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 4 16:28:02 EST 2006

I have just written an application using Dreamcard 6.5.1 which drills
Italian verbs in all forms.  I was very pleased with its appearance
on my Imac G5.  I gave it to a classmate in my Italian class with a
copy of DreamCard Player for PCs.  When it opened on her computer,
the size of the card exceeded the size of her screen, losing its
edges, altho it is simply centered on mine.  The textfields were the
original size, but the font in those fields shrank down to barely
visible.  They were 14 point fonts on my computer.  I also tried to
create a menubar from the menubar creator.  If Mac format is NOT
checked  the menuitems appear in the upperleft corner of the card in
a small font and can be selected and opened. If Mac format is
selected, the items appear in REV's Menubar instead of Rev's menubar
and the items (eg FILE or HELP) highlite  if selected but their
existing contents do not open or get exposed.  Can anyone PLEASE
suggest what I am doing wrong?