dreamcard player and memory

Rand Valentine jrvalent at wisc.edu
Fri Feb 3 12:39:40 EST 2006

   Hello, dear Revolution experts. I've been developing a dictionary
for my students of Ojibwe (an Algonquian language), using mainly my
Mac PowerBook running the latest OS and DreamCard 2.61. Everything
works just great for me, whether I run my stacks in DreamCard itself
or with the Player, but I have one student who uses a fairly
antiquated Windows computer, and who cannot open one of the substacks
in my dictionary application (a set of about 100 cards with htmltext
notes). He used to be able to open this substack, but no longer can
-- I've been adding to it over the past month, but it would seem odd
that anything I've added would push him over the threshold of
openability. Is this likely a memory allocation issue on his
computer, or could it possibly be something else? I was wondering too
if the stack Revonline Viewer might be taking up memory, and if I
could remove it from memory (does simply closing it do that?).
Anyway, any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Rand Valentine
University of Wisconsin-Madison

Linguistics
1168 Van Hise Hall