Changing mainstack to a substack, and videoclip questions

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Wed Feb 1 08:54:48 EST 2006

Ben,

I would recommend not to store them in your standalone since Rev will
load them all in ram at the same time when embedded. Loading and
unloading from memory is a better way to go.

With the success of iPod/iTunes your chances of the enduser having
Quicktime installed is now more realistic BUT there will still be a
lot of people who don't have it. It is better today but the choice is
still an issue. I would base it on the type of project it is i.e. if
it is a multimedia project where your audience is savy then they
probably will have it but if it is intended to be used by people who
may not use or have iTunes/iPod/Quicktime then I would think more on
it. You might even put in a script to check for quicktime and then
decide live via script which player to use.

HTH

Tom