Changing mainstack to a substack, and videoclip questions

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 1 02:00:16 EST 2006

On 1/31/06 10:34 PM, "Ben Bock" <benbock at msn.com> wrote:
> I have been assembling a dissertation project, learning Rev Studio as I go.
> Some questions.
>
> 1) Is it possible to later "import" stacks into a mainstack?  In other words
> if you build separate mainstack projects, can you later incorporate or
> designate the mainstacks as substacks of another project?  I have looked over
> the docs on this, and don't see an answer.
>[snip] [entire email appears below]

I can help with question 1..
A mainstack is a mainstack because it has its 'mainstack property' set to
itself.

A substack is such because it has its mainstack property set to another
stack.

There can only be one mainstack per Rev stack file (mystack.rev)
There can be many substacks all having their mainstack property set to the
same mainstack.

The mainstack and the substacks become part of the same stack file.

You can split out a substack by changing its mainstack property to itself,
or another stack that is not a substack itself.

Use the stack inspector to locate the drop down to change this setting.
Use Application Browser to see the results.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas