Solstice salutations!

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Wed Dec 20 01:31:19 EST 2006

OTOH,

There are, regrettably, those for whom proper usage of the language isn't
even a priority.

Heard last week during student presentations on the subject of the
computer impact on society vis-a-vis telemedicine and the case of Jeri
Nielsen:

"Computers and telemedicine enabled Dr. Jeri Nielsen to perform her own
autopsy..."

The student repeated the phrase at least three times.  When I corrected
him, he said, "biopsy, autopsy.. whatever."

I nearly fell off my chair.

Judy