[OT] SheepShaver and printing...

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Dec 20 00:36:21 EST 2006

On 12/18/06 9:05 PM, "Jim Carwardine" <JimCarwardine at OwnYourFuture-net.com>
wrote:

> Ken Ray, I have another question about running SheepShaver.
>
> I needed to install a printer driver for my printer (Canon I860 USB inkjet),
> so I downloaded the OS 9 driver from the Canon web site using Explorer from
> inside SheepShaver.  After I installed it, I could see it in the Chooser but
> when I selected it, it couldn't find a port.  Nothing showed on the right
> hand side of the Chooser window.  When I select Page Setup, it shows the
> i860 dialogue but when I close the dialogue box, it tells me that I need to
> choose a printer from the Chooser.
>
> When I installed OS 9 in SheepShaver, I used OS 9.0 but it still can handle
> USB.  Is there something special I need to do to allow USB access?
>
> I also have a Brother MFC 7820N laser printer that is networked to my
> computer.  Would that be a better choice because I might then use one of the
> already installed Apple printer drivers to run it?

Sorry, Jim... I haven't been able to get USB to work for anything but
mounting USB hard drives/flash drives... couldn't even get much after doing
a web search either...
Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/