A Problem with Return in a Field

William de Smet wdesmet at wanadoo.nl
Fri Dec 15 06:33:17 EST 2006

Hi Charles,

I don't know if it solves your problem but I use:
on returnInField
   put line 1 of me into me
   answer error "Only one word allowed!" with "OK"
end returnInField

on closeField
   if return is in me then
     returnInField
   end if
   pass closefield
end closefield

on keyDown pKey
  if charToNum(pKey) <> 32 then pass keydown
  answer error "Only one word allowed!" with "OK"
end keyDown

In this I force the user to use just one word!

greetings,

WIlliam de Smet