Message Box appears

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 1 13:01:29 EST 2006

On 12/1/06 3:36 AM, "Dave" <dave at looktowindward.com> wrote:
> Has got me before now! They can be sooooo hard to find when you are
> writing lots of stuff to the message box for debugging, and then
> forget to delete just one of them! This is especially true in a
> library stack, I had a rouge "put xxx" in a library that took me ages
> to track down, I eventually found it in a in function a few levels
> away from the main API Call!
>
> I think an option that turned off the "put xxx" shortcut would be a
> good idea!

Chipp Walters used to have something on his site that would do this.  Took a
quick look and did not find it.  Check the archives, but I think the Altuit
site has changed so much that old info will be obsolete.

Perhaps Chipp may know where it is hiding.

PS  I always use 'into msg' or 'after msg' so I can find them later.
For a short time I always added "!!" like

put fld output & "!!"
but got out of the habbit.

Of course another way is to make your own lib handler

putMsg "flag upperTier is "& fUpperTier

on putMsg txtStr
 put txtStr
end putMsg