answer files with filter

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Fri Aug 25 12:07:06 EDT 2006

G'day Sarah,

>I want to allow the user to select a text file, but it has to be a
>text file with a name like "Slot45.txt". The number will vary, but it
>has to start with "Slot" and have the ".txt".
>
>Is this possible? I can get it to limit to text files, but is it
>possible to limit the available files to only text files which start
>with "Slot"?

If you allow these files to be created by other text editing
applications, filtering by Mac file type is out..

If you want to maintain the ".txt" extension, filtering by extension likewise.

The only practical approach I see off the top of my head involves
building a custom answer file dialog stack and filtering the detailed
files for the selected folder:

	put the detailed files into folderContents
	repeat for each line fileInfo in folderContents
		get URLDecode(item 1 of  fileInfo) -- itemDelimiter
should set to comma
		if offset("Slof",it) <> 1 then next repeat
		-- process or build list of "Slot" files here
	end repeat
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company