Plugins folder? (was Re: How Galaxy is...)

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Aug 17 15:57:48 EDT 2006

On Aug 17, 2006, at 1:14 PM, Peter T. Evensen wrote:

> As to where it is documented, I'm not sure.  Perhaps in a 2.7.?
> read me file?

I found it.  It was hidden under Distribution Structure:

    There is a new directory structure.  The customization folder is
in "Documents/My
    Revolution [edition]", and contains subfolders:
      Plug ins now load from "Plugins" folder
      Database drivers now load from "Database Drivers" folder
      Externals now load from "Externals" folder
      External & database drivers loaded here are picked up by
Standalone Builder
      Object Libraries now stored in Resources/Object Libraries
      Image Libraries now stored in Resources/Image Libraries
    Files placed in these folders will override the files installed
in the main Revolution
    installation directory.  Thus all of these components will
survive an update to the
    main Revolution install.

Hmmm.  I assume that by externals, it means revolution externals.

Dar Scott