Plugins folder? (was Re: How Galaxy is...)

Peter T. Evensen pevensen at siboneylg.com
Thu Aug 17 15:14:27 EDT 2006

This change came with 2.7.x.  From 2.7 on, the Revolution folder is
supposed to be considered "read only" so that the automatic updating,
launching, etc. will work.

As to where it is documented, I'm not sure.  Perhaps in a 2.7.? read me file?

As to versions, evidently your plugin should check the version and perform
accordingly.  (Keep in Mind that 2.6.1 and below still has the old folder
format, so nothing changes there).

At 02:08 PM 8/17/2006, you wrote:

>On Aug 16, 2006, at 5:40 AM, Jerry Daniels wrote:
>
>>The third party plugins folder is in the documents folder. The path
>>is something like this, depending upon your OS and the version of
>>Rev and Galaxy you have: ...documents/my revolution studio/plugins/
>>galaxy lite startup.rev.
>
>This is new to me.
>
>I thought the plugins folder was that named "plugins" in the same
>folder that contained the Revolution application.
>
>I thought all plugins were (virtually) 3rd party by definition.
>
>The all.pdf doc refers to "the Plugins folder", which to me means
>one.  (Well, it means that I should be able to identify the correct
>one from context, but for me the context says one.)
>
>What Rev versions look for plugins in these alternate places?
>
>If a Plugin requires a particular release of Revolution, how does
>Revolution know when to put it in the Plugins menu?
>
>Where is this documented?
>
>Not <user>/library ?
>
>Confused and curious...
>
>Dar Scott