OT: The passing of Transcript (was Is there a more English-like Programming language than Transcript?)

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 16 17:09:26 EDT 2006

Stephen Barncard wrote:

"TRANSCRIPT is part of the Rev culture now...no turning back..sorry Lynn.s
ome old audio and radio guys still refer to 'kilocycles', capacitors
as condensers, and CDs as 'records'.

I imagine the term will be around for a while."

I find that I do my most creative thinking when I sit down in front of my
GUI-less BBC Master Compact - lets face it; BBC BASIC had a certain elegance
about it - and one didn't have to worry about OBJECTS!  :)

My Bulgarian typewriter features 2 letters the Communists removed from
the Bulgarian alphabet in 1952.

And I am typing this by using a keyboard attached to a CPU and a VDU.

So, 'TRANSCRIPT' sounds extremely modern to me.

and that was 2 pence from me.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson

"Philosophical problems are confusions arising owing to the fluidity of meanings users attach to words and phrases."
                                       Mathewson, 2006