OT: Is there a more English-like Programming language than Transcript?

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Mon Aug 14 23:45:57 EDT 2006

We just came back from a two-day NewsTrain conference for journalists,
put on by Associated Press and the Knight foundation.  We showed our
Hinduism Today Digital Edition to a few people, one of  whom is the
"critically acclaimed, award winning web developer"  Rob Curley (see
robcurley.com) who has helped produce the
"best news sites on the net" web sites. (right, you may never have heard
of him... this is in journalism--check out his latest
production www.naplesnews.com... it's incredible, even if the content is
"pop-local"  click things under the dot.cool section)

This man hired away some of Google's top engineers to join his IT
team... he pays each one of back end IT team way up in the 6 figures,
and any intern (he's big on $8/per hour "internology") lucky enough to
work with him will leave his team and get 6 figures.

OK, so, we have this 2 minute window to talk with him about what we do
while he boots up Powerpoint on his 17" Macbook Pro. His first question
was: "Hmmm, interesting, what is  that coded in?" he's a super geek and
didn't care about  content--he wanted to know the technology behind it.

I said  "Revolution"  He said "Hmm never heard of Revolution. Oops gotta
go... I'm up next...."

I don't think I should  to have said "coded  in transcipt" at that moment.

Sivakatirswami