Windows, Shortcut, Strange.........

Garrett Hylltun garrett at paraboliclogic.com
Thu Apr 27 23:22:04 EDT 2006

Rev 2.6.1

Greetings,

I was putting a project through it's paces before sending it to the beta
team, when I encountered something really strange.

I used an installer to install my program to Windows, setup a shortcut
and uninstaller and then I ran the program by clicking the shortcut.

Program launches just fine, but when I type a word in an edit box and
hit the enter key, or return key, my program did not respond.  I have
the messages set.  But also, I have a button that will send to the same
code that the enter and return keys would send to, and again, nothing,
as if the code in the stack just didn't exist.

Closing the program and launching it again, either via the shortcut or
directly double clicking on the program exe in the program files
directory resolves the problem.  Everything works as intended.

This does not occur on OS X, and I haven't tried Linux, but I suspect it
won't happen there either.

Has anyone ever encountered such a strange thing like this before on
Windows?

Thanks,
-Garrett