Turn Off Double-Entry?

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Apr 26 08:57:25 EDT 2006

On 25 Apr 2006, at 19:23, Jim Ault wrote:
> Later I am switching windows and happen to click on the Replace
> button, and
> without realizing it, I have replaced the string "tCounter" with
> empty in
> every part of my stack script.  There is no undo for this, even if I
> realized my mistake the moment it happens..  I wish I could get in
> the habit
> of Always changing from the Find mode of a script window, but not yet.
>
> I would prefer a hidden Replace function since it is so dangerous.

It would be better to have a separate Find/Replace dialog box like
most IDE's I've used IMO.

I NEVER use the find+replace function in the Script Editor, it's way
too dangerous in other ways too. For instance the "whole words"
option doesn't work right, or works oddly in some situations.

I usually copy the whole script into a CodeWarrior window and do the
Find/Replace and then copy back.

All the Best
Dave