invalid host address / 60025 on socket error

Dave Beck dave at crystalpiersw.com
Tue Apr 25 14:43:51 EDT 2006

Revisiting another very old problem that I have been encountering:

On some comuters the libURLftpUpload command fails, the URLStatus() function
returns "error", and the libURLErrorData() function returns either "error
Error 10065 on socket" or "invalid host address". The last time I brought
this issue up on the list (although I can't find those posts in the
archives) nobody could determine what was happening and the issue was left
unresolved. Recently I traced the problem to a conflict with Norton Internet
Security. When Norton is enabled, one of these two errors is generated every
time. But when Norton is disabled, everything works as expected.

Is this a known issue or another new one for bugzilla? Or is the some
underlying problem that prevents Rev from ftping through Norton?

Thanks,
Dave