OS X XP

Dan Shafer revolutionary.dan at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 17:10:13 EDT 2006

Very interesting, Jacque.

I puilled this quotation out of near the end of the piece:

"Think of the implications. A souped-up OS X kernel with native Windows API
support and the prospect of mixing and matching Windows and Mac applications
would be, for many users, the best of both worlds. There would be no copy of
Windows XP to buy, no large overhead of emulation or compatibility
middleware, no chance for Microsoft to accidentally screw things up,
substantially better security, and no need to even take a chance on Windows
Vista."

Cringley doesn't always get it right but he's very often right even on
fairly far-out stuff like this. That woud be quite a coup for Apple for
sure.