Making custom skins for your app

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Fri Apr 21 19:37:44 EDT 2006

Josh,

Not to disagree too much but:

1. You can use hide layer and show layer and also the link layer and
unlink layers in Photoshop to set up different layer on/off combos
for different cards, over/down states, etc.

2. You can click and drag layered objects in Photoshop. There is a
preference that you can turn on to allow this and I use it all of the
time. (it is not perfect though but very useful)

3. Photoshop also has reusable and modifiable styles.

A lot of people over look some of the more powerful features in
photoshop. There are a few things that are 'easier' in Fireworks but
they are certainly very doable in Photoshop, but then Photoshop can
do so much more than Fireworks overall that choosing between them is
more of a comfort level than feature decision.

Regards,

Tom