[OT] Small Hardware Networking Project

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Tue Apr 18 14:05:29 EDT 2006

Hi All,

I am seeking professional assistance in physically configuring a
Netgear FWG114P router and a Lucent Technologies Pipeline 75 ISDN modem
to work in tandem.

I have two issues:

1.  Both the modem and the router include setup instructions saying
that device's IP address should be listed as the primary gateway.

2. I am having difficulty finding a hardware setup that will
communicate with the Pipeline, which has to have an IP address
configured via a serial port before it can be addressed via Ethernet.
I have tried varying configurations on all my computers (eg: USB to
serial connectors, several different terminal emulation apps) and the
only configuration that even partially works is the ZTERM app via the
serial port on my original G3 PowerBook.  This is the only
configuration that draws a response from the modem to a request for
it's setup menu...but the response is garbage though the communications
protocol is exactly as specified in the manual.

I will pay cash or offer Revolution scripting services to someone who
can address my issues.

Please contact me privately if you feel qualified and are interested in
walking me through this, or know someone else who might be.

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company