Problem with Edit/Preference Menu Item

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Apr 18 12:06:11 EDT 2006

David Burgun wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I meant to say that the Apple Menu and the Help Menu are handled ok  and
> work just fine, it's just the preference item that is causing  problems.
> I've been looking at this on and off for over 5 hours now  and I just
> can't seem to make this work as documented.

Sometimes you need to force a menu update. Try:

   lock menus
   -- do menu swap stuff
   unlock menus

According to Scott Raney, menu updating is *very* slow on Macs and the
engine doesn't go out of its way to change the visual appearance unless
absolutely necessary. If your script is resetting menu contents, the
engine may not realize it. Locking/unlocking menus forces it to pay
attention.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com