Neat LinkClicked tip...

Jerry Daniels jerry at daniels-mara.com
Tue Apr 18 10:50:39 EDT 2006

I have to say I haven't tried it. Will now...

Surprise, surprise...the test for the textStyle of the clickText DID
work (miraculously) as you predicted!  I must say I don't know why.
That doesn't make sense to me. ClickText is supposed to be text, not
style info, I thought. I stand (sit) corrected.

Other interesting observations...

1. MouseDown issues: Since this handler is mouseDown handler,
however, it does take an extra click (on the Mac at least) to dismiss
the dialog that pops up.

2. I think i might colorize the text on mouseDown (linkHiliteColor)
and do the dialog (or whatever) on mouseUp and then set the color of
the linkText (linkVisitedColor).

3. I'd set the color of the link styled text to link color in the
mouseRelease handler--the situation where the released the mouse
button outside the field. on opening the stack, the color of all such
links would then need to be set again (linkColor).

This is all because of the undependable nature of the links being
clicked. I did notice that links seem to work better in standalones,
but I don't have definitive tests to prove one way or another.

Best,

Jerry Daniels

Consultants & Developers
http://www.daniels-mara.com