How do I specify the mouse button (mousebuttonNumber) in a script?

Dr. Robert E. Ball reball at redshift.com
Mon Apr 17 19:13:18 EDT 2006

> On 4/17/06 5:18 PM, "Dr. Robert E. Ball" <reball at redshift.com> wrote:
>
>> I want a mouseUp handler based upon button 3. In the printed Transcript
>> Language Reference and the dictionary the mouseButtonNumber is indicated by
>> "€3" (Option + *). I have tried that in the form
>>
>> On mouseUp €3
>>
>> but that doesn't work. How can I indicate button 3 on the mouseUp handler?
>
> On 4/17/06 3:26 PM, "Ken Ray" <kray at sonsothunder.com> wrote:
> That's strange that it would say that, here's how you do it:
>
> on mouseUp pBtnNumber
>  if pBtnNumber = 3 then
>   -- right-click, do what you want
>  end if
> end mouseUp
>

> Ken Ray
> Sons of Thunder Software
> Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
> Email: kray at sonsothunder.com

Ken -- I tried your suggestion and it didn't work. ??? Here is what I have

on mouseUp pBtnNumber
  if pBtnNumber = 3 then
    put the vScroll of field "Instructions field" into scrolledHere
    set the vScroll of field "Instructions field" to scrolledHere - 475
  end if
end mouseUp

Here is the error I get

         compiling at 4:06:57 PM
Type    Handler: error in command
Object    Instructions field
Line    on mouseUp pBtnNumber
Hint    on

????? I have the latest version of 2.7 on a Mac using OS 10.4.6

Bob