[ANN] Galaxy Free - Coming Soon!

Marielle Lange mlange at lexicall.org
Mon Apr 17 18:02:58 EDT 2006

Jerry,

As you may be aware, I have started working on similar ideas long
before hearing about your commercial project. I am sure you don't
expect me to cancel my own opensource endeavors to avoid introduce
some competition with your product? The truth is that I was planning
to propose similar services... but 100% free (eventually paid with
sponsoring, like the guy of the delphi components website, but not
paid by the end users, so to encourage sharing as much as possible).

On hearing of your project, I was sad to realize this will probably
have for effect to divide rather unite efforts to produce some
reusable components catalogue which are easy to find for languages
that are less than 10 years old and still missing for a language
(hypertalk) which is 2 or 3 times older.

Sometimes, short term personal profit and long term users' benefit
call for different lines of actions. My values tend to give
preference to long term users' benefit. Apologizes for the impact it
may have.

Marielle

> On Apr 16, 2006, at 8:05 PM, Jerry Daniels wrote:
> You own Constellation and the Gadgets. You get a year of free
> upgrades with your purchase. If you choose to switch to Galaxy
> Lite, Studio, Professional or Enterprise, you will be given free
> months of service relative to the time remaning on your existing
> Constellation upgrade period. Same is true for Gadget Suite component

Marielle Lange (PhD),  Freelance Academic

Widged                                                      http://
widged.com/
Easy access to lexical databases        http://lexicall.widged.com/
Supporting Education Technologists  http://revolution.widged.com/wiki/