OT: backups

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sun Apr 16 23:09:51 EDT 2006

All-

Off topic, but there are some smart and savvy people on this list so I
thought I'd ask...

Does anyone have any recommendations for backup systems?

What I'm currently using: a mixed OSX and Windows 2k system running
Retrospect Server 6.5 on a Win2k server box, backing up four computers
to a 160gig NetDisk. This occasionally works, is a pain to set up,
more of a pain to reconfigure, and a *real* pain if an error occurs
during the backup process. I've had Retrospect hang and use up 99% of
the available cpu resources, I've had it not find client machines and
had to reinstall the client software many times, I've had it give me
errors on files I've told it not to back up...

So my question is: does anyone with more than one computer have any
recommendation for something that works better? None of my clients
have a backup system that works unless they move files manually, and I
don't know what to recommend to them because I haven't found anything
that works for me either.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net