Product Feedback

Jerry Daniels jerry at daniels-mara.com
Sun Apr 16 11:08:50 EDT 2006

Thanks for the ack (acknowledgement), Tom.

I do, like everyone else here, have my opinions on what I'd do or not
do if I were in Kevin or Mark's shoes. And I've expressed some of
them in my blog (http://daniels-mara.com/galaxy_blog/?p=6), but I
also know that I only have non-participant's view of their technical,
business and personal lives. Mostly I want to see them keep their
love and passion for the product alive.

I have met them both Kevin and Mark in person and chat with them
between RevConWest conferences. They are smart, articulate, dedicated
people--for whom I have respect, confidence, compassion and even
affection. I acknowledge them for the hard work they are doing. If
they need my advice or help they ask for it. I let them know they can
do so without reservation and that anything they tell me in
confidence will remain in confidence.

If you really want to help make Revolution the next Ruby on Rails or
[fill in the blank here] come to RevConWest (http://
www.revconwest.com/revcon/Speakers.htm) and meet them, get to know
them as human beings and offer to help in any way you can. Business
and technical chiefs always appreciate a "hey..how about this?" or a
"Let me know if i can help" remark and rarely respond to "HERE's what
you should be doing." BTW, they are definitely smart enough to
recognize a sh*t sandwich, so don't try slipping in a devastating
remark inserted between two compliments.

It's really easy for me to watch a boxing match and comment on what
one of the boxers should have done differently, but then I'm not the
one getting hit in the face or stomach. I still make the comments,
though. So I understand the need to make comments and suggestions.
Lynn, Jacque, Heather, Sarah, Richard, Ken, Chip and many others are
doing a good job trying to keep the discussion balanced.

Jerry

Buy Constellation from Runtime Revolution!
http://revstudio.runrev.com/section/revselect/constellation/