Product Feedback

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Sun Apr 16 09:52:46 EDT 2006

Jerry,

I understood exactly what you meant the first time and this just
verifies it to me. I don't think a recant was necessary but the
update and clarification is good.

I think this is very relative to this list as it refers to a
developer (REV is a developer, and some of us are developers too) and
the process of chasing every opinion that tends to show up on lists.
Opinions are fine and should be considered but not taken as absolute
in product development.

If I were to listen to and comply with every opinion of the company I
write prototypes for then the product would never have seen the light
of day. Some of these even from the same people are conflicting and
sometimes introduce more ill than good in the software. That said it
is still important as a developer to get a feel for the overall input
and desires and opinions of the people using the software but not
necessarily bogged down by it. Which is what I got from your post.

So with that in mind I could relate to your original thread and
thought it was very helpful in reminding me to 'stay the course' with
my own development.

Tom

(off to read a blog)

On Apr 15, 2006, at 5:24 PM, Jerry Daniels wrote:

> I am not saying that I think Kevin and Mark should not be given or
> listen to feedback. I just said that if I were them I wouldn't read
> the list. That's just my opinion. I would get some distance from
> the list barrage and get creative and productive with the product.
> Maybe change some more fundamental things about my product or company.

Thomas J McGrath III
3mcgrath at adelphia.net

Lazy River Software™ - http://www.lazyriversoftware.com

Semantic Compaction Systems - http://www.minspeak.com