problems with "find command"

Martin Meili bmmeili at swissonline.ch
Sun Apr 16 05:40:42 EDT 2006

Hi Paul and Jeanne

Is the "don't search" property set to true for this field?
--No, it isn't set to true.
Is it a "sharedText" set to true?
--No, it isn't set to true, either.
Paul Looney

  Have you previously used the find command on the same card, finding
the same thing?
--Yes, I did so. The script must do this. It has to find out whether a
person's name is already in a text field or not.

  Can you post the script that's causing the problem? (Or are you using
the command in the message box?
--No , it's not used in the msg. It's in a script.
--Yes, I'll send you the script offlist.

The field doesn't by any chance have its dontSearch property set to
true, does it?
--No, it isn't set to true.

Meanwhile, I've found a way to do the script what I want it to do by
using the offset function. So, for the moment, my problems are solved.

  -- jeanne a. e. devoto ~ revolution at jaedworks.com
  http://www.jaedworks.com

Cheers
Martin